Let it all hang out in Queensland: Australia’s holiday haven offers beaches, reefs, jungles, uptempo locals and a laid-back tropical pace of life. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Coastal Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dive or snorkel in the dazzling Great Barrier Reef, spot wildlife in the lush Daintree Rainforest, or sail in slow search of paradise around the Whitsunday Islands; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Coastal Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - surfing, diving, hiking, wildlife, food, beer, wine, indigenous culture, music, dangers and safety, history.
Coverage Includes: Brisbane, Cairns, the Daintree, the Whitsunday Islands, Noosa, Fraser Island and more.