Pack your bags: Australia’s east coast is road-tripping nirvana, with picture-perfect beaches, rainforests, hip cities and the Great Barrier Reef. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of East Coast Australia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet East Coast Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Grab a snorkel and explore the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef, scale lofty heights on a Sydney Harbour Bridge climb, and eat and drink your way between beaches along the coast, all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, sport.
• Over 97 maps.
Coverage Includes: Melbourne, Coastal Victoria, Gippsland, Sydney, New South Wales, Byron Bay, Canberra, the Gold Coast, Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, Far North Queensland, Cairns and more.